TTMI~Radio returns tonight at 8pm (central). We’ll try to make sense of these Blackhawks, and the Rockford IceHogs inconsistencies, part one of the ‘Circus Trip’ and look ahead to this week’s games with the three California teams. We may have a special guest but it isn’t confirmed.
– Dustin Byfuglien is acquitting himself quite well so far in Atlanta.
Byfuglien ranks 3rd among NHL defenseman in scoring with 19 points (7 goals, 12 assists) in 21 games. Nicklas Lidstrom and John-Michael Liles are tied for first, each with 20 points. Byfuglien (E), Ron Hainsey (E) and Brent Sopel (+3) are the only three Thrasher defenseman not in the negative in the plus/minus category. Byfuglien is currently paired with Tobias Enstrom. Byfuglien is tied with Steven Stamkos and Rick Nash for most game-winning goals (4). And he’s tied with Ilya Kovalchuk at the top of the board in overtime goals with two.
For comparison’s sake:
Dustin Byfuglien: 21gp, 7g, 12a, 19pts, E +/-, $3,000,000
Dave Bolland: 17gp, 1g, 3a, 4pts, +2 +/-, $3,375,000
Rockford IceHogs notes:
– Following the impressive 1-0, Hannu Toivonen-led victory on Thursday in Winnipeg, the IceHogs dropped Friday’s rematch with Manitoba 3-1 before 14,134 fans at MTS Centre. After flying back to Chicago on Saturday and busing back to Rockford for the night, the IceHogs traveled to Peoria on Sunday where they battled hard but lost a 3-2 shootout decision to the Rivermen. I did a combined recap of these two games Sunday night, which I’ll post on the site once I figure out how to undo the laptop. Read more
Posted in Game recap, IceHogs, News and Notes
Tagged Andrew Ebbett, Bill Mosienko, Brian Connelly, Chris Chelios, Denis Savard, Doug Bentley, Dustin Byfuglien, Gaye Stewart, Glenn Hall, Harold March, Harry Dick, Jeremy Morin, Kyle Beach, Nick Leddy, Pierre Pilote, Sam Fels, Stan Mikita, Steve Larmer, Tony Esposito
TheThirdManIn~Radio ~ e.47 ~ “The Fifth Feather”
Monday August 2, 2010 ~ BlogTalkRadio.com/TheThirdManIn
Right-Click to Download this show or Click the Player below to listen
It was my distinct pleasure to finally welcome John, of the fabulous Blackhawks’ site, FifthFeather.com on this episode of TheThirdManIn~Radio. Hopefully his partner-in-scribe Bob will be able to join us next time we get them on for a visit, which should be much sooner than another year’s worth of shows.
Of course with the big news of today being the signing of Marty Turco and subsequent dismissal of Stanley Cup winning Antti Niemi after his one year $2.75M arbitration award, we covered that story from all angles.
Other topics of discussion:
- This weekend’s Blackhawks’ convention
- Blackhawks still managing to lose money
- John McDonough’s P.R. machine
- Rocky vs McD shaping up
- After the changes – Where do Hawks sit in the West?
- Stan Bowman’s “off-season”
- Predicting the opening night roster
- James Wisniewski’s big deal
- Should fans be banned from prospect camp?
- The 2011 Winter Classic
- and changes ahead at the FifthFeather.com
All this and so much more on an absolutely loaded hour and 1/2 edition of TTMI~Radio.
Thanks as always for listening. Those who’d prefer to listen on their IPod or through their ITUNES can do so by subscribing through the following link, or by searching “The Third Man In Radio” in the podcast section of the ITUNES store.
SUBSCRIBE to TheThirdManIn~Radio on ITUNES
Posted in TTMI~Radio
Tagged Antti Niemi, Brandon Pirri, Dustin Byfuglien, Fifth Feather, James Wisniewski, John McDonough, Marty Turco, Nick Leddy, Podcast, Rocky Wirtz, Stan Bowman