Here’s the audio for tonight’s HockeeNight PuckCast. It was a pleasure to be a guest on their 3rd show two years ago and the many times in between. Congratulations to CT and the “Forklift” on their 100th show. Tonight, I was a guest along with Dave Morris, writer at Hockey Independent.
Many topics were discussed including the Blackhawks at the quarter mark and what to expect of them moving forward. We dug into the Colin Campbell email controversy, debated the integrity of NHL officiating, the blogosphere and the NHL’s place in today’s sports and entertainment landscape. And so much more…
First off, I’d like to thank Buddy Oakes of Preds On The Glass for having me on his radio show last night. We talked for about an hour and a half about the Blackhawks, Predators, head shots and what can be done to prevent such hits and some of the injuries that result from those. If you’re a Twitter-er and ever need a Predators fix, you should follow Buddy. His other guest last night was Mark from another Predators site, TheViewFrom111. I jumped on about ten minutes in. A direct link to listen to last night’s show is here.
And after you listen to that, and if you haven’t had your fill of my flu-ridden twang, TheThirdManIn~Radio returns tonight, Live at 8pm central at BlogTalkRadio.com/TheThirdManIn. No guest tonight. We’ll have plenty of news, notes and perspective from the two Rockford IceHogs games of the past weekend; Which Rockford prospects are close to helping, who isn’t and who doesn’t belong in the AHL. I had a chance to take in both games; losses, on Saturday and Sunday. We’ll get to many more of your emails. If you have a question or topic you’d like to hear addressed on the show, send me an email at radio@TheThirdManIn.com or ChrisBlock@TheThirdManIn.com with “radio show” included in the subject and we’ll get to it on the show…. I actually have an insightful and useful fantasy hockey segment tonight. Unlike the one I spewed from the crack of my backside last Tuesday. Professional operation we have here. Of course we’ll discuss what’s wrong with the Hawks. What needs to change and small alterations to be made to turn things around? We’re also shooting straight on what Jack Skille can do if he wants to become an effective, permanent NHLer.
– My intention was to do another full IceHogs postgame report Sunday night after their game with Peoria, however, with travel, work and being ridden with sick and overdoses of over-the-counter anti-flu medicines, Sunday’s game recap dropped off my radar. If you missed my detailed report of Saturday’s demoralizing 3-1 loss to Manitoba, click here.
Instead, I’ll share the bullet points from Sunday’s 5-1 loss at Carver Arena in Peoria. Read more »
This week we fly solo and focus on all the latest news and games in the world of the Chicago Blackhawks.
We also take a first look at the new Bob Probert auto-biography, due out at the end of the month. In which, Probert admits to cheating on his league-mandated alcohol and drug tests during his days with the Blackhawks.
Among the topics discussed on tonight’s show
- 2010 Conference Quarter-Finals – A Nashville Perspective
- Sergei Kostitsyn a Predator
- The greatness of Shea Weber
- Matt Lombardi a #1 center?
- “The Predator Way”
- Ex-Hawks J.P. Dumont and Steve Sullivan
- Fans discontent with Jason Arnott last season
- Barry Trotz’ iron-clad job security
- Acquisition of Shane O’Brien
- How, or if, Nashville franchise would benefit from having a true superstar on the ice
- Would the Preds & their fans accept Alexander Radulov back?
- The rocky career of David Legwand
All this and a bunch more with Buddy.
- Then, we discuss the Niklas Hjalmarsson blind side hit on Jason Pominville from Monday night’s game in Buffalo
- Was the 2-game suspension handed down by the NHL just?
- More on these kinds of hits and Ryan Miller’s reaction
- Impressions of the Hawks first three regular season games
- Including Nick Leddy, Viktor Stalberg, Jack Skille and Marty Turco
Our show returns next Tuesday night, October 19th @ 8pm.
As for our show, join us Tuesday night at 8pm central, for the 50th edition of TheThirdManIn~Radio. Our guest will be Scott Norton, head of the Norton Sports Management group. Norton’s list of NHL clients include Dustin Brown (LA Kings), Brent Sopel (ATL) and former Blackhawks prospect Billy Sweatt.
On this edition of TTMI~Radio, the “Superstar” and I recount some of the hijinks from our recent trip to Las Vegas and well as the re-signing of UFA defenseman Nick Boynton, the Roenick-Zhamnov trade 14 years later, the upcoming Bob Probert auto-biography, we dipped into the listener e-mailbag and more on the Antti Niemi departure. We also touch on last weekend’s meeting of the Juggalos. And, by the way, just how dumb is Tila Tequila anyway? And Block as a special birthday message for Eddie Olczyk.
It was my distinct pleasure to finally welcome John, of the fabulous Blackhawks’ site, FifthFeather.com on this episode of TheThirdManIn~Radio. Hopefully his partner-in-scribe Bob will be able to join us next time we get them on for a visit, which should be much sooner than another year’s worth of shows.
Of course with the big news of today being the signing of Marty Turco and subsequent dismissal of Stanley Cup winning Antti Niemi after his one year $2.75M arbitration award, we covered that story from all angles.
Other topics of discussion:
- This weekend’s Blackhawks’ convention
- Blackhawks still managing to lose money
- John McDonough’s P.R. machine
- Rocky vs McD shaping up
- After the changes – Where do Hawks sit in the West?
- Stan Bowman’s “off-season”
- Predicting the opening night roster
- James Wisniewski’s big deal
- Should fans be banned from prospect camp?
- The 2011 Winter Classic
- and changes ahead at the FifthFeather.com
All this and so much more on an absolutely loaded hour and 1/2 edition of TTMI~Radio.
Thanks as always for listening. Those who’d prefer to listen on their IPod or through their ITUNES can do so by subscribing through the following link, or by searching “The Third Man In Radio” in the podcast section of the ITUNES store.