By Brad Gardner
The Blackhawks saw their seven-game point streak snapped after a sluggish game in Nashville against the division rival Predators. Despite two goals from Marian Hossa, a flurry of goals from the home team in the middle period turned out to be the difference in Chicago’s first regulation loss since January 6th.
The opening period was characterized by chippy play from both sides. Nashville out-chanced the visitors, but Marian Hossa managed to put the ‘Hawks on the board first on the team’s second shot of the period. Andrew Shaw dropped a short pass to Hossa at center ice, who gained the zone with enough speed to beat Shea Weber to the outside. He protected the puck as he crossed over and beat Rinne inside the right post for his 19th goal of the season.
Craig Smith drew the Preds even just over two minutes later with a power play goal. Rookie defenseman Ryan Ellis had an open lane from the blue line and Smith provided both the traffic in front of Blackhawks’ starter Corey Crawford and the finish on the rebound to make it a 1-1 game going into the first intermission. Read more
Posted in Blackhawks, Brad Gardner, Game recap
Tagged Andrew Shaw, Blackhawks, Corey Crawford, Craig Smith, Injury, Jonathan Toews, Kevin Klein, Marian Hossa, Patric Hornqvist, Pekka Rinne, Predators, Ray Emery, Ryan Ellis, Sergei Kostitsyn
Buddy Oakes, of the Nashville Predators’ site PredsOnTheGlass.com joined us on this week’s TTMI~Radio.
We discuss all-things Predators as we preview Wednesday night’s game between the Predators and Chicago Blackhawks. This will be the first of six matchups between these two division rivals.
The Third Man In ~ Radio ~ “Nashville Preview w/Preds On The Glass”
Tuesday October 12, 2010 ~ e.56 ~ Right-Click to Download This Episode
Click the player above to listen to this show here in your browser
-You may need to update your flash players to listen
SUBSCRIBE to TTMI~Radio for Free on ITUNES
Among the topics discussed on tonight’s show
- 2010 Conference Quarter-Finals – A Nashville Perspective
- Sergei Kostitsyn a Predator
- The greatness of Shea Weber
- Matt Lombardi a #1 center?
- “The Predator Way”
- Ex-Hawks J.P. Dumont and Steve Sullivan
- Fans discontent with Jason Arnott last season
- Barry Trotz’ iron-clad job security
- Acquisition of Shane O’Brien
- How, or if, Nashville franchise would benefit from having a true superstar on the ice
- Would the Preds & their fans accept Alexander Radulov back?
- The rocky career of David Legwand
All this and a bunch more with Buddy.
- Then, we discuss the Niklas Hjalmarsson blind side hit on Jason Pominville from Monday night’s game in Buffalo
- Was the 2-game suspension handed down by the NHL just?
- More on these kinds of hits and Ryan Miller’s reaction
- Impressions of the Hawks first three regular season games
- Including Nick Leddy, Viktor Stalberg, Jack Skille and Marty Turco
Our show returns next Tuesday night, October 19th @ 8pm.
Posted in TTMI~Radio
Tagged Barry Trotz, Buddy Oakes, Jack Skille, Jason Arnott, Jason Pominville, JP Dumont, Marty Turco, Matt Lombardi, Nashville Predators, Nick Leddy, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Podcast, Sergei Kostitsyn, Shane O'Brien, Shea Weber, Steve Sullivan, Viktor Stalberg